men's artistic gymnastics (MAG)
Rules – GBC
- MAG Operations Manual (in review)
- BC Level 1 and 2 Compulsories Program (Pages 39-59) (2016-10-19)
- [GCG] Provincial and Elite Pathways Manuals (Dec 2019)
- Team BC information
- Level 1 ribbon order form
- Strength and Conditioning Manual (2020-01-10)
- Article: “Contact Sports: Teaching Touch and Consent to Young Athletes” by Alina Williams
- GBC offers competitive programs for men’s artistic gymnastics from grassroots to high performance. In the following chart, ages have been indicated so that the table does not have to be redone every year. Please consult the GBC Registration Handbook, sent to all clubs at the beginning of the season, or the GCG Program Documents (Provincial or Elite Pathways) to have exact birth year for each age group.
All athletes’ ages are based on the year of competition and their birth year (I.E.: In 2021 an athlete born in 2011 is considered 10 all year because they turn 10 in 2021). See each separate program’s age category chart. GBC may merge categories if the number of registered participants is insufficient.
- Concussion: the basics
- Concussion guidelines for coaches and trainers
- Concussion guidelines for parents and caregivers
- Concussion recognition tool
- Sport concussion assessment tool – 5th edition
- Consensus statement on concussion in sport—the 5th international conference on concussion in sport held in Berlin, October 2016
Men’s Technical Committee (MTC)
KickStart is the provincial Physical Abilities testing program for provincial level gymnasts. Developed by Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics, the program is now used by Gymnastics BC.
- KICKSTART achievement certificate
- KICKSTART: Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3 | Level 4 (2014-10-15)
- KICKSTART scoring spreadsheet
Stay up to date. Subscribe for: