2020-21 membership fees
All members receive member services associated with joining Gymnastics BC either as a club or individual member.
The membership fees are valid from September 1 to August 31 of each year.
Members who are involved in multiple roles are registered in all categories and pay only the highest membership fee (i.e. a competitive athlete who is also a recreational coach will pay $150 but is registered in two categories).
In addition to paying Gymnastics BC membership fees, each member must pay an $8 Gymnastics Canada membership fee.
*On July 1, 2019, new gymnastics insurance requirements came into effect in BC. Along with the new requirements, Gymnastics BC saw an increase in insurance fees from the insurance provider, with further increases in 2020 that impacts the 2020-21 membership year.
An Extraordinary General Meeting was held on August 26, 2020 to vote on an insurance fee levy change for the 2020-21 membership year. It was approved and the amounts are reflected below.
|Membership Category||Gymnastics BC Fees||Insurance Levy||Gymnastics Canada Fees||2020-21|
|Full member club||$340.00||None||$0.00||$340.00|
($390.00 if after August 31)
|Recreational annual participant||$12.75||$21.25||$8.00||$42.00|
Athlete (includes Xcel)
|MAG Competitive Athlete||$100.00||$42.00||$8.00||$150.00|
|TG Competitive Athlete||$100.00||$42.00||$8.00||$150.00|
|Acro Competitive Athlete||$100.00||$42.00||$8.00||$150.00|
|Adult Competitive Athlete||$12.75||$21.25||$8.00||$42.00|
|Volunteer / Board||$9.25||$21.75||$8.00||$39.00|
|Recreational to competitive||21 days before competition||$108.00 ($42.00 →$150.00)|
|Interclub to competitive|
|21 days before competition||$95.00 ($55.00 →$150.00)|
2020-21 zone fees
Zone fees are set by the individual zones for regional development and to offset costs. The 2020-21 Zone fees will be finalized by end of day August 28, 2020 but are currently as listed below.
Zone fees are in addition to the Gymnastics BC membership fees For more details on specific zone fees, please contact your zone chair.
*Including Interclub and Xcel.
Description of member categories
- Casual participant: A casual participant attends five times or fewer, casually throughout the year or in short programs.
This registration category does NOT include the use of any trampoline devices, unless participating in structured recreational programs (considered regularly-scheduled programs over multiple weeks or multiple days in one week that teach progressive skill development) under proper coach supervision.
This registration category does NOT include the use of any trampoline device.
- Recreational participant: A recreational participant takes part in GBC member club programming six times or more throughout the year. Gymnastics for All (recreational) programs include: artistic, trampoline*, acrobatic, aerobic, rhythmic gymnastics, parkour, basic cheerleading, adaptive/inclusive, Parent & Tot**, and basic circus arts/ACRiX.
* Recreational Trampoline includes CanJump programming Level 1 to 4 only (Level 5+ must register Interclub Trampoline).
** Parent & Tot: Parents/Guardian do not need to register as GBC members, but they must sign waivers.
This registration category does NOT include the use of any trampoline devices for PARKOUR, CHEERLEADING or DROP-IN participants.
Recreational participants may take part in GBC-sanctioned Gymnaestrada events, but may not take part in GBC Interclub or Competitive sanctioned events.
See GBC Policies & Procedures (Gymnastics for All section) for more detailed information.
- Interclub performance artistic athlete: Athletes who participate in GBC-sanctioned Interclub Artistic events.
- Interclub trampoline athlete: Athletes who participate in GBC-sanctioned Interclub Trampoline events (CanJump Levels 1-12).
- Competitive athlete: Athletes who pursue the competitive aspects of gymnastics and competes in GBC sanctioned competitions (at any level). This includes the disciplines of artistic and trampoline gymnastics
- Adult competitive athlete: Adult competitive gymnasts who participate in GBC sanctioned adult events at any level.
- Independent athletes: Independent athletes are athletes who are in bad standing with a full member club, training at another full member club and wishing to participate in a competition or Interclub event. The athlete pays the appropriate membership fee and the per event registration fee ($200 – max three days).
- Pre-Coach in Training (Pre-CIT): An individual who is taking or has completed the two year Pre CIT club level training program for 13 to 15 year olds who have not yet taken NCCP training.
- Recreational Coach: An individual who coaches recreational gymnasts. This includes Gymnastics for All programs which may include: ActiveStart, parent-tot, preschool, school aged, adult, special needs, Interclub, acrobatic, associate member programs and one-time visitor programs such as birthday parties and special events.
- Competitive Coach: An individual who coaches competitive athletes and/or cheerleading participants.
- Coach Developer: An individual who is certified to facilitate NCCP Courses (Learning Facilitator or Coach Evaluator).
- Judge: An individual who is actively judging competitions in any discipline: artistic, trampoline and/or aerobic gymnastics.
- Volunteer: An individual, with or without club affiliation, who supports the sport of gymnastics (i.e. members of the club’s board of directors, individual parents who help with club activities such as driving, helping set up equipment, concessions and committees etc.)
- Staff: An individual who works at the club but is not a coach (or athlete). This could include administrative or maintenance staff.
- Honorary: An individual who is honored by Gymnastics BC as a Life Member.