2019-2020 membership fees
All members receive member services associated with joining Gymnastics BC either as a club or individual member.
The membership fees are valid from September 1 to August 31 of each year.
Members who are involved in multiple roles are registered in all categories and pay only the highest membership fee (i.e. a competitive athlete who is also a recreational coach will pay $138.25 but is registered in two categories).
*On July 1, 2019, new gymnastics insurance requirements came into effect in BC. Along with the new requirements, Gymnastics BC has seen an increase in insurance fees from the insurance provider.
As a result, an Extraordinary General Meeting was held to vote on an insurance fee levy additional to the membership fees approved at the 2018 AGM.
|Membership Category||Gymnastics BC Fees||Insurance Levy||Gymnastics Canada Fees||2019-20 Membership Fee Total|
|Full member club||$320.00||None||$0||$320.00|
($370.00 if after August 31)
|Board of Director||$9.00||$12.50||$8.00||$29.50|
|Recreational to competitive||21 days before competition||$106.65 ($23.60 →$130.25)|
|Interclub to competitive||21 days before competition||$79.25 ($51.00 →$130.25)|
2019-2020 zone fees
Zone fees are set by the individual zones for regional development and to offset costs. These are in addition to the Gymnastics BC membership fees For more details on specific zone fees, please contact your zone chair.
Description of member categories
- Casual gymnasts: A recreational gymnast who participates five times or fewer, casually throughout the year or in short programs.
- Recreational gymnasts: An individual who pursues the recreational aspects of gymnastics within their club and does not participate in GBC sanctioned competitions or Interclub events. This includes: Gymnastics for All programs for artistic, trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics which may include: pre-competitive, parent-tot*, preschool, recreational, teen, adult, advanced rec, special needs, Gymnaestrada/performance, circus arts/ACRiX, ActiveStart. Recreational gymnasts may take part in GBC sanctioned Gymnaestradas.
* Parent & Tot: Parent does not need to register but must sign a waiver. See GBC Policies & Procedures (Gymnastics for All section) for more detailed information.
- Interclub gymnasts: Recreational gymnasts who participate in GBC sanctioned Interclub events in artistic, trampoline, or acrobatic gymnastics.
- Acrobatic gymnasts: Individuals who participate in GBC club operated acrobatic programs.
- Recreational Cheerleading: Individuals who participate in GBC club operated recreational level cheerleading programs. See the GBC Policies & Procedures Manual (Gymnastics For All section) for detailed information.
- Competitive athlete: An individual who pursues the competitive aspects of gymnastics and competes in GBC sanctioned competitions (at any level). This includes the disciplines of artistic and trampoline gymnastics
- Adult competitive athlete: Adult competitive gymnasts who participate in GBC sanctioned adult events at any level.
- Aerobic gymnastics: Competitive aerobic gymnasts who participate in GBC sanctioned aerobic competitions at any level
- Independent athletes: Independent athletes are athletes who are in bad standing with a full member club, training at another full member club and wishing to participate in a competition or Interclub event. The athlete pays the appropriate membership fee and the per event registration fee ($200 – max three days).
- Pre-Coach in Training (Pre-CIT): An individual who is taking or has completed the two year Pre CIT club level training program for 13 to 15 year olds who have not yet taken NCCP training.
- Recreational Coach: An individual who coaches recreational gymnasts. This includes Gymnastics for All programs which may include: ActiveStart, parent-tot, preschool, school aged, adult, special needs, Interclub, acrobatic, associate member programs and one-time visitor programs such as birthday parties and special events.
- Competitive Coach: An individual who coaches competitive athletes and/or cheerleading participants.
- Learning facilitator: An individual who is certified to facilitate NCCP Courses
- Judge: An individual who is actively judging competitions in any discipline: artistic, trampoline and/or aerobic gymnastics.
- Volunteer: An individual, with or without club affiliation, who supports the sport of gymnastics (i.e. members of the club’s board of directors, individual parents who help with club activities such as driving, helping set up equipment, concessions and committees etc.)
- Staff: An individual who works at the club but is not a coach (or athlete). This could include administrative or maintenance staff.
- Honourary: An individual who is honoured by Gymnastics BC as a Life Member.