Cross-Training User Groups
A cross-training user group is a group of individuals in any sport which rents the facility to develop specific skills for the purpose of cross-training their athletes. The facility is rented with a gym attendant in place. The user group must provide a certificate of insurance naming Gymnastics BC and the GBC member club as Additional Insureds, stating they hold a minimum $5 million in liability coverage. GBC member club coaches are NOT permitted to deliver any instruction to cross-training user groups.
- This is for user groups that rent a member club’s gym/facility to run their own cross-training activities. Cross-Training groups do NOT utilize a club’s coaching staff.
- If a group wishes to use the club’s coaching staff then they must register as an Associate Member (see Associate Member) and the cross-training sessions documented and reported as if they were a Public Access Program (school field trips or birthday parties).
The Cross-Training User Group:
- requesting cross-training activities must NOT be a subsidiary of a GBC member club.
- requesting cross-training activities must rent the facility from the GBC member club.
- must provide all necessary staff (including coaches and instructors) to conduct the activities.
- must provide the GBC member club with the names and contact information of all participants and staff involved in the activities.
- must assume responsibility to inform all necessary parties, including participants and guardians, of the inherent risk in sport and obtain appropriate consent to participate.
The GymBC member club:
- employees, including coaches, must not be involved in delivery of activities to cross-training user groups.
- must rent the facility to the cross-training user group and provide contractual arrangements.
- must provide a gym attendant (Gymnastics Foundations or Level 1 certified, 19 years or older, and valid GBC approved first aid certification) who is a current member of the club. This is for the GBC member club’s protection, to ensure that gym rules are being properly followed.
The Cross-Training user group requesting Cross-Training activities must submit:
- a Request for User Group to Conduct Cross-Training Activities form (linked below)
- proof of liability insurance with a minimum of $5 million coverage, listing BOTh Gymnastics BC and the GymBC member club as additional insured – this MUST be submitted with the request form.