Coronavirus & Gymnastics in bc
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has impacted the entire sports industry. Together, we will navigate these unprecedented times and continue prioritizing the health and safety of our members and community.
Please stay up-to-date on all related information by bookmarking this page and visiting regularly for updates.
Return to Sport
GBC’s Return to Sport Plan outlines requirements and rules clubs must follow in order to resume operations.
A list of resources clubs can use to guide their transition back to operations is provided below:
|Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement|
|Return to Competition Plan|
What Clubs Must Do Before Reopening
In order to reopen, each club must first:
- Develop a club-specific COVID-19 Safety Plan which complies with all requirements set out in GBC’s Return to Sport Plan.
- Have the club Board of Directors or Owner formally approve their club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Complete and send the approved club-specific COVID-19 Safety Plan to firstname.lastname@example.org, including its date of approval. Please note: GBC is NOT approving club plans, but will be filing them with club declarations.
- Identify a COVID-19 Club Representative. The COVID-19 Club Representative will act as the main point of contact with GBC, should issues or complaints arise.
- Submit a completed COVID-19 Club Declaration to email@example.com.
Risk Management Forms
On June 10, GBC distributed three risk management forms that all member clubs must implement immediately.
- Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement
Each individual member (parent/guardian if participant is under age 19) must complete a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement. Clubs must file and retain this form in long-term storage. Scan it and save electronically or physically file it.
- Participant Declaration of Compliance Form
Each individual member must complete a Participant Declaration of Compliance form (following each club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan requirements). This document acts as each participant’s commitment to comply with club requirements. This document must be signed by each participant and their parent/guardian if the participant is under 19 years of age. Clubs must file and retain this form in long-term storage. Scan it and save electronically or physically file it.
- Editable version available here (word doc)
- Club Declaration of Compliance Form
Each club Owner/Board Chair must complete and submit a Club Declaration of Compliance form to firstname.lastname@example.org. This document acts as each club’s commitment to comply with the requirements set out by GBC, viaSport, BC’s PHO, and WorkSafeBC.
If severe and/or repeated offences and allegations arise about a club not complying with provincial requirements (including GBC Return to Sport Plan, viaSport Return to Sport Guidelines, PHO orders and recommendations, and government orders, bans, and recommendations) GBC requirements or not adhering to their own COVID-19 Safety Plan, GBC’s Board of Directors may take a variety of actions to manage and address compliance.
- November 7, 2020 (Return to Sport Plan Updates)
- November 7, 2020 (New Provincial Order)
- September 14, 2020 (RTS Plan Updates and Corrections)
- August 26, 2020 (RTS Plan Corrections)
- August 25, 2020 (Revised RTS Plan – Phase 3)
- August 13, 2020
- June 29, 2020
- June 10, 2020 (Risk Management Forms)
- June 5, 2020 (Return to Sport Plan Release)
- June 3, 2020 (Return to Sport Draft and Cleaning Products)
- May 15, 2020 (Return to Play Draft #1)
- May 7, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- March 26, 2020 (Remote Training and Insurance)
- March 12, 2020 Update
- March 13, 2020 Update
- March 16, 2020 Update
- March 17, 2020 Update
- March 18, 2020 Update #1
- March 18, 2020 Update #2 – CLOSURE NOTICE
- March 26, 2020 Update – Remote Training and Insurance
- April 16, 2020 Update