Coronavirus and Gymnastics in BC
In a media announcement on March 18, the BC Government declared a state of emergency about the Coronavirus pandemic in BC.
In light of the state of emergency declaration, all Gymnastics BC member clubs must immediately cease operations and close facilities until further notice.
There is NO INSURANCE COVERAGE for member clubs continuing to operate after the government directives that have been issued, particularly with the state of emergency being declared.
As always, the safety and wellness of our members and the public is our first priority.
Please stay up-to-date on all related information by bookmarking this page and visiting regularly for updates.
Cancelled and Postponed Events
As of today, the list of events that have been postponed or cancelled is as follows:
- Twisters Invitational (March 13-15)
- KGTC Invitational (March 13-15)
- Spring Fever, DGS (March 14-15)
- TG Elite Canada (March 18-22)
- 2020 Gymnastics BC Artistic and Trampoline Gymnastics BC Championships (April 3-5)
- Aviva Cup (April 18-19)
- Kootenay Zone Championships (April 18-19)
- 2020 Gymnastics BC WAG JO Compulsory Championships (April 24-26)
- Alberta Gymfest (April 24-26)
- 2020 Western Canadian Artistic Gymnastics Championships (April 29 – May 3)
- Prince George Invitational and Northern Gymnaestrada (May 1-3)
- RG, MAG, WAG & TG Canadian Championships (May 19-24)
- 2020 Western Canada Cup – TG (June 5-7)
Club Operational Statuses
All member clubs are currently closed until further notice.
Additionally, all NCCP courses are cancelled until May 3. Individuals registered for NCCP courses between now and May 3 should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to process a refund or apply the fee to a different course.
- March 12, 2020 Update
- March 13, 2020 Update
- March 16, 2020 Update
- March 17, 2020 Update
- March 18, 2020 Update #1
- March 18, 2020 Update #2 – CLOSURE NOTICE
- March 26, 2020 Update – Remote Training and Insurance
For more information, please refer to the following resources:
- Novel Coronavirus Q&A from HealthLinkBC
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Government of Canada Travel Health Notices
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
Frequently Asked Questions
Gymnastics BC has received a number of inquiries regarding the upcoming BC Championships events. At this time, the Gymnastics BC Championships event scheduled for April 3-5 has been postponed.
With this event being postponed, we are looking at other future dates and will notify clubs once an alternative weekend has been designated. Decisions regarding refunds will be made after an alternate date has been established. Gymnastics BC and Flip City Gymnastics Club will provide more information via email by March 20.
Questions regarding the status of club events should be directed to host clubs. Gymnastics BC will post status updates of upcoming events on gymbc.org as information becomes available.
Clubs are advised to email email@example.com with status updates on their events.
You can find answers to this question and more by visiting the BC Center for Disease Control website.