board of directors
Gymnastics BC provides a variety of governance documents and programs to assist in the development and growth of gymnastics in B.C. Learn more about our governance below.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is both elected by Gymnastics BC’s membership, and appointed by the Board of Directors on two-year terms at the Annual General Meeting and Technical Assemblies.
There are a number of specific positions on the board, including:
- Director of Finance,
- Women’s Technical Chair,
- Men’s Technical Chair,
- Trampoline Gymnastics Chair, and
- Gymnastics For All Chair.
Three additional directors are appointed at large to fill association needs, as determined by the membership and board.
Our board focuses on a number of key areas, including:
- determining the organization’s mission and monitoring its focus,
- setting policies,
- ensuring adequate planning for strategic and annual operations plans,
- ensuring appropriate resources are in place to meet the organization’s needs, and
- working closely with the CEO and staff to deliver objectives, high quality services, and programs to our membership and participants.
Directors also take part in various standing and technical committees.
Rusty Pierce &
If you would like to learn more about our team, please read our staff bios.