XCEL COORDINATOR AND COACH – Flip City Gymnastics Club
Come and join our TEAM! Flip City Gymnastics Club is a growing club located in Langley, BC.
Flip City Gymnastics Club offers programs in all areas and is dedicated in the investment in all areas of gymnastics.
We are seeking a part/full time XCEL COORDINATOR, with flexible work hours. Hours for this position are in range of 25-35 hours per week, depending on the coaching you would take on.
The position is a key position at Flip City and is part of our admin. team. This role will be responsible for programming and managing all the staff associated to the program. This role works closely with the other department staff to maintain a positive environment for all athletes.
We need someone who is energetic and passionate about gymnastics and can lend their expertise in leadership, mentorship and collaboration.
You must have excellent communication skills and be able to have knowledge and understanding of the sport of gymnastics.
Comfortable writing and computer skills is required.
This position will report directly to the WAG Director and work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
JOB TITLE: XCEL COORDINATOR AND COACH
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO: WAG Director for Flip City Gymnastics
PRIMARY AREA OF RESPONSBILITY: To assist the WAG Head Coach in the development of strong and skillful individuals in the Gymnastics atmosphere and ensure coordination and administrative duties are completed.
- To deliver gymnastics instruction to athletes and provide them with the most rewarding and positive experience each class.
- To coach each athlete to reach their individual potential.
- Good leadership skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- To communicate effectively with athletes, parents and other members of staff
- Have open communication with all other staff in the gym
- Ability to motivate and assist athletes to develop new skills safely
- Build rotation schedules with the Xcel team in conjunction with all other staff.
- To give recommendations and suggestions for future training options to the WAG Head Coach.
- Uniforms and sizing as required
- Ensure that all athletes are registered correctly with Flip City Gymnastics and comply with GBC standards
- Contribute to the organization of events and ensure all registrations for any displays, competitions, or Gymnastraeda are completed in a timely manner and confirm registration and payment made to the host club.
- Ensure any entry fees in conjunction with the office staff to any of the above have been received by the athletes (families) involved in a timely manner.
- Continually update IclassPro to ensure attendance and communicate with Admin. To make sure all fees are paid in a regular and progressive manner.
- Assist with any volunteer hours that may be required by any Xcel member.
- To perform other instructional and spotting duties as required by the WAG Head Coach
- Assist in monitoring the progression of each athlete through various testing and evaluations methods and recording of such in IclassPro.
- Ensure that all routines meet with the required difficulty and other restrictions via technical requirements for all levels. Ensure in preparing athletes for competitions, displays, or other functions as required.
- Assess, screen, and communicate to any potential members of Xcel.
- Work with Xcel team to build an exceptional program.
- May have direct reports in the xcel program and evaluate staff if required.
- Assist in other areas as required by the WAG Head Coach and Flip City Gymnastics.
- Proven leadership skills
- Good time management skills and punctuality essential
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- All GBC entry requirements
- Valid Criminal Record Check
- Respect in Sport Certification
- Valid First Aid certification
- Competition 1 NC.C.P. certified
- Level 1 Trampoline Certification
- Five years’ experience in coaching
- Three years’ experience with pre-competitive or Inter-club/Xcel programs.
- Excellent knowledge of GBC GFA interclub structure
- Judging background an asset
- Dance background an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Alana Jensen, WAG Director. firstname.lastname@example.org Only those considered for the role will be contacted further for an interview. We thank all in advance who have applied for this position.