Reporting to the Executive Director, the Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club is seeking a dynamic individual who possesses the credentials, enthusiasm and experience to work as a contributing member of our energetic team. Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club is a rapidly growing club. The club is seeking skilled coaches to support the Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Competitive and XCEL programs.
Salary: $23 – $25 / hour
Permanent: (20 – 35 hours/ week, some evenings and weekends required)
Language: English required
Start Date: Start date: ASAP
Positions Available: 1
- Coach a variety of age groups/skill levels.
- Establish and maintain a fun, positive work environment; display an energetic demeanour when delivering programs and interacting with participants, parents/caregivers, staff / volunteers.
- Collaborate with directors and other coaches in other programs when when needed (WAG & XCEL programs).
- Recruit recreational programs for potential competitive and XCEL athletes.
- Plan, organize and implement effective classes for competitive or XCEL level athletes.
- Interact directly with participants in a positive manner while guiding and redirecting situations when conflicts arise.
- Follow the program guidelines and recommendations provided by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate facility and program set-up and post-program clean-up/take down for all sessions. Ensure facility and equipment is clean, safe, neat and orderly.
- Work directly with program other coaches and Coaches in Training (CITs); provide positive feedback & direction; act as a positive role model and assist coaches and CITs with skill and professional development.
- Share a passion for learning and a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Attend orientations and training sessions as required and contribute to team planning meetings.
- Take action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns/ inquiries as outlined BVGA policies and procedures.
- Assists with the integration and support of participants with special needs.
- Demonstrate exemplary leaderships skills and willingness to contribute to the success of the BVGA team and its programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all program, staff and participant information.
- Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and be appropriately prepared and attired for all activities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn, research and develop new skills (client services, teamwork, communication, digital skills, leadership and coaching skills).
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed.
- Generate effective lessons plans for programs.
- Keep records of athletes’ goals, development plans and performances.
- Periodically submit written reports/evaluation to athletes, parents and the Executive Director.
- Other related duties as required.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from the worksite.
- Access to email and the internet.
- Ability and willingness to research new program ideas on a weekly basis using online resources or other professional resources.
- Physical ability to perform the tasks of the job.
- Experience working with parents and other stakeholders.
- Post secondary education in recreation or related field, or related technical training would be an asset.
- NCCP Foundations Gymnastics Coaching certification (WAG Artistic)
- Standard First Aid certification would be an asset.**
- NCCP Making Ethical Decisions**
- NCCP Respect in Sport**
- Criminal Record Check**
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.**can work toward these certifications if not current
For more information about Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club, please visit our website:
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Please forward your Interested resume and cover letter to:
Lara Collingwood, Executive Director