Reporting to the Executive Director and the Recreation Director the Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club is seeking a dynamic individual who possesses the credentials, enthusiasm and experience to work as a contributing member of our energetic team. Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club is a rapidly growing club. The club is seeking skilled coaches to support the competitive and recreational gymnastics programs.
- Coach a variety of age groups/skill levels.
- Establish and maintain a fun, positive work environment; display an energetic demeanour when delivering programs and interacting with participants, parents/caregivers, staff/volunteers.
- Collaborate with directors and other coaches in other programs when when needed (MAG & WAG, XCEL or recreational programs).
- Recruit recreational programs for potential competitive and XCEL athletes.
- Plan, organize and implement effective classes for competitive or recreational level athletes.
- Interact directly with participants in a positive manner while guiding and redirecting situations when conflicts arise.
- Follow the program guidelines and recommendations provided by the Executive Director, Recreational Director and Head Coach of the BVGA.
- Coordinate facility and program set-up and post-program clean-up/take down for all sessions. Ensure facility and equipment is clean, safe, neat and orderly.
- Work directly with program Coaches in Training (CITs); provide positive feedback & direction; act as a positive role model and assist CITs with skill and professional development.
- Share a passion for learning and a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Attend orientations and training sessions as required and provide meaningful weekly meetings.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns/inquiries as outlined BVGA policies and procedures.
- Assists with the integration and support of participants with special needs.
- Demonstrate exemplary leaderships skills and willingness to contribute to the success of the BVGA team and its programs
- Maintain confidentiality of all program, staff and participant information
- Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and be appropriately prepared and attired for all activities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn, research and develop new skills (client services, teamwork, communication, digital skills, leadership and coaching skills).
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed.
- Generate lessons plans and/or follow the directions of the Head Coach or program lead.
- Keep records of athletes’ goals, development plans and performances.
- Periodically submit written reports/evaluation to athletes, Recreation Director and/or the Head Coach.
- Other related duties as required.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from the worksite.
- Access to email and the internet.
- Ability and willingness to research new program ideas on a weekly basis using online resources or other professional resources.
- Physical ability to perform the tasks of the job.
- Experience working with parents and other stakeholders.
- Post secondary education in recreation or related field, or related technical training would be an asset.
- NCCP Foundations Gymnastics Coaching certification (MAG and/or WAG Artistic, Trampoline)
- Standard First Aid certification would be an asset.**
- NCCP Making Ethical Decisions**
- NCCP Respect in Sport**
- Criminal Record Check**
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
**can work toward these certifications if not current