We are expanding our WAG coaching team! The right coach would be at least Comp 1 trained and willing to upgrade. They would work together with the WAG Program Head Coaches in all aspects of the WAG program, but their focus would be on our Developmental Program Athletes in Levels 1, 2, and 3. We are offering up to 20 hours in the WAG program, with the opportunity of full time hours with coaching in other programs. Dance and choreography skills will be considered a huge asset, as well as judging and experience developing young athletes.
If you think this could be you, we would love to hear from you!
About Okanagan Gymnastics Centre:
The Okanagan Gymnastics Centre is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides the community with a full range of recreational and competitive gymnastics programs for participants 18 months to adult. OGC is located in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia and has one of the largest facilities in the province, including an 11,000 square foot gym.
Job Title: WAG/DEVELOPMENTAL COACH
Reports to: Program Head Coach
Job Objective: The Primary responsibility of this position is to develop athletes to their maximum potential and prepare them for success in competition.
- Create effective and productive relationships with athletes and families.
- Adhere to professional coaching standards and principles of Gymnastics Canada’s Long-term Athlete Development Plan.
- Encourage a healthy and positive daily training environment.
- Work closely with Program Head Coach to assist each athlete with achievement of their long-term goals.
- Assist Program Head Coach in efforts to prepare athletes for competitions both mentally and physically. Provide leadership, coaching and supervision to athletes for both local and out of town competitions.
- Serve as mentor to junior coaches and assist them as required or assigned by program head coach.
- Assist program head coach as required.
- Keep up to date class lists, marking athlete attendance.
- Plan and attend internal and external meetings as required.
SPECIAL EVENTS AND FUNDRAISING
- Promote gymnastics and Okanagan Gymnastics Centre in the community.
- Participate in organizing and coordinating Okanagan Gymnastics Centre’s competitions and fundraising events.
- Promote OGC’s fundraising efforts through participation and leadership.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure health and safety for all athletes, coaches, and support staff.
- Conduct routine safety checks of equipment and the facility.
- Monitor athletes for over-training, injuries, or illness and make necessary modifications to training.
- Guarantee the security and care of supplies, property and equipment within the facility.
- Detect, minimize and report any hazardous conditions, practices and behaviours in the workplace to management.
- Ensure professional, regular and effective communication occurs with athletes, families, colleagues and stakeholders of the organization.
- Provide open and honest feedback to stakeholders.
- Inspire others to achieve their full potential.
- Must be a minimum Comp1/Level 2 trained coach
- Cleared criminal record check – vulnerable sector
- Completion of Respect in Sport
- Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C beneficial