Job Opportunity: Senior Artistic Gymnastics Coach
Delta Gymnastics Society (DGS), located in Ladner, BC, is one of Canada’s top gymnastics clubs. Our professional coaches are the key to our success and develop programs that we offer in our 20,000 sq ft, state-of-the-art facility.
We believe that it’s due to the way we treat each of our participants, at every level of their physical literacy development. DGS enjoys strong positive relations with members, from 18 months – 90 years old, parents, partners, Gymnastics BC, other sport organizations.
The successful candidate will coach and develop athletes in our gymnastics programs. You understand how to plan and prepare for your classes, offer a great class environment, deliver your coaching with enthusiasm, and behave in a professional manner as a DGS ambassador. You will also participate in administrative duties related to coaching.
Plan and Assess
· Get to know your athletes, their skills and abilities, along with what they are hoping to learn.
· Plan and design lessons for daily and weekly development.
· Incorporate a variety of learning activities and learning styles.
· Balance the needs of athletes with that of the group.
· Assess athletes, providing individual feedback to promote a healthy learning style.
· Teach appropriate skills to the athletes based on their age and ability.
· Consider positioning, especially with respect to other programs in the gym.
· Assess equipment and gym area daily to ensure it is safe for participant use.
· Report all injuries to Technical Director and Safety Manager; fill out appropriate forms and follow up as required.
· Customize program for injured athletes so they can safely heal and continue to develop.
· Become familiar with all Emergency Procedures for facility and/or off-site programs.
· Engage participants; celebrate achievements and positive behaviors, and address ongoing behavioral issues as they arise.
· Set expectations for learning – what you will be watching.
· Provide clear directions and rules – how and when you will make interventions.
· Explain skills progression and goal setting.
What You Bring
You thrive on connection with your athletes and lead by example in creating an environment where everyone can learn, where you will provide feedback and achievements will be recognized. You want to be a part of our team and will be a DGS Ambassador of our coaching philosophy and values.
Essential Job Requirements
National Coaches Certification Program (NCCP) Gymnastics Foundations.
First Aid certification.
Making Ethical Decisions certificate.
Respect in Sport certificate.
Passion for an active lifestyle, physical literacy and development of children.
Must be able to bear weight as required to spot or support athletes of all ages and abilities.
Must be able to be physically active including (but not limited to) movements such as: rotation, squatting, lifting, holding and others as required.
Must be able to navigate the gymnastics facility with ease.
Good understanding of class management and behavior management
Must be able to teach a class in English.
Additional NCCP certification including Active Start, Trampoline or Competition.
Fundamental Movement Skills Completed Course.
Previous participation in the sport or activity of gymnastics.
· Ability to use computer systems for attendance, payroll and report cards.
Additional Preferred Skills
· Degree in Kinesiology or similar
· Fitness certification or similar
· Early Childhood Education or experience working with children.
Submission of Records:
Able to provide a clean criminal record check and vulnerable persons record check.
Can submit proof of double vaccination for COVID-19.
What We Offer
This is a full time position, where hours will vary depending upon the needs of the gym, staff, members and their families. There may be times when attending competitions and events are required. We offer a competitive salary and full range of health benefits and RRSP contribution.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test and grow your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our incredible team. Please provide a letter of interest stating previous related experience and salary expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this role.