Britannia Gymnastics Club – Looking for Recreational Coaches!
Britannia Gymnastics Club is located at Britannia Community Centre in the heart of East Van, just off Commercial Drive. We are a non-for profit, fun first, recreational gymnastics program. We are looking for gymnastics coaches who can help provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment for athletes of all ages and skill levels. We have an adaptable, inclusive program that focuses on meeting the needs of all athletes.
Our program runs on the weekends, so it’s a great opportunity for those who love working with children and are looking for work that fits in with school or other work schedules. We have classes for ages 18 months to 15 years of age, all recreational levels. Due to the inclusive and recreational nature of our program, we do not have report cards rather encourage engagement, safety and fun.
- Minimum NCCP Level 1/Gymnastics Foundations (willingness to obtain)
- Respect In Sport Certificate (willingness to obtain)
- Current Police Information Check (mandatory before starting, we can assist)
Expectations from Coaches:
- Ensure suitability of diverse learning styles
- Balance the needs of individuals vs the class
- Teach skills that are safe and appropriate for the skill level of the athletes in the class
- All reporting of accidents, incidents, class progressions to Program Coordinator and Head Coach
- Become familiar with all Emergency Procedures for facility and/or off-site programs
- Manage participant behaviour; making sure they are being safe, following the expectations set by the coaches and following up positive redirection and support
- Assist with setup and takedown of equipment as necessary
Assets (but not required) include:
- Previous experience working with children
- Previous coaching experience
Remuneration: This is a contracted hourly position; wage will be based on experience and qualifications.
Note: if you are missing any of these requirements, we are committed to assisting staff obtain certification
Start Date: Immediately