Position Title: Recreational Coach / Summer Camp Coach
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible (can be negotiated)
Terms of Employment: Part-time, full-time position, weekend, day, evening (20-35 hours a week)
What we offer
- An organisation whose staff works towards a common goal with teamwork, respect, inclusivity, and adaptability; and where coaches engage to achieve positive and high levels of achievement for all participants
- A great team environment, and a supportive team including administrative staff, coaches and leaders
- Competitive rate of pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Access to personal development
What are we looking for
- Passion and enthusiasm for the sport of gymnastics, and physical activity
- Organization skills and a positive attitude
- Dependable, committed, and enjoys working with children
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Good understanding of class and behavior management
- Coach a variety of age groups/skill levels.
- Establish and maintain a fun, positive work environment; display an energetic demeanour when delivering programs and interacting with participants, parents/caregivers, staff/volunteers. .
- Interact directly with participants in a positive manner while guiding and redirecting situations when conflicts arise.
- Follow the program guidelines and recommendations provided by the Executive Director, Recreational Director and Head Coach.
- Coordinate facility and program set-up and post-program clean-up/take down for all sessions. Ensure facility and equipment is clean, safe, neat and orderly..
- Share a passion for learning and a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns/inquiries as outlined in policies and procedures..
- Demonstrate exemplary leaderships skills and willingness to contribute to the success of the TAG team and its programs
- Maintain confidentiality of all program, staff and participant information
- Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and be appropriately prepared and attired for all activities.
- Contribute flexibly as a team member to achieve goals, specifically to ensure Recreational Programs are memorable experiences for all program participants.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn, research and develop new skills (client services, teamwork, communication, digital skills, leadership and coaching skills).
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying assignments and to a changing environment.
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed.
- Generate lessons plans and/or follow the directions of the Head Coach or program lead.
- Keep records of athletes’ goals, development plans and performances.
- Periodically submit written reports/evaluation to athletes, Recreation Director and/or the Head Coach.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from the worksite..
- Physical ability to perform the tasks of the job.
- Gymnastics Coaching certification would be an asset.**
- Standard First Aid certification
- Ability to work with volunteers and other program staff.
- NCCP Gymnastics foundations.
- NCCP Trampoline 1
- NCCP Making Ethical Decisions.
- NCCP Respect in Sport.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Please submit resume with cover letter via email. Thank you in advance for your application.
For any further questions/clarifications, please contact via email