Based in Vancouver, Gymnastics BC (GymBC) is a not-for-profit provincial sport organization responsible for the governance, development and promotion of gymnastics in BC. Our dynamic team serves 71-member clubs that typically represent a membership of over 52,000 participants throughout the province. As a member-based organization, we strive to deliver excellent member and customer service experiences in all of our interactions.
If you are passionate about amateur sport and have a keen interest in recreational and emerging gymnastics program coordination, we invite you to apply to for this exciting part-time, fixed-term contract position through until November 30, 2023.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and driven team member who:
o Seamlessly collaborates with a diverse group of professionals;
o Efficiently communicates with co-workers, members and partners;
o Effortlessly multi-tasks;
o Passionately engages with customers with a positive attitude;
o Diligently ensures that the tools required for successful office operations are maintained;
o Skillfully coordinates meetings and events;
o Enthusiastically embraces new challenges and opportunities.
As the association’s go-to recreation program coordinator, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with our team to ensure our recreation program and Gymnastics For All (GFA) initiatives run smoothly. Are you up for the challenge?
Position Title Recreation Program Coordinator
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Recreation Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and promotion of recreational gymnastics programming in BC. Over 90% of GymBC’s membership base participates at a recreational level. Working closely with the rest of the GymBC staff, the GFA Committee and representatives from member clubs, this position follows the Sport for Life Long-Term Development model by promoting the benefits of gymnastics as a Foundation Sport throughout the Active Start to Active for Life stages. This position works to implement programming opportunities that are inclusive and accessible for all.
To organize, promote and increase recreational gymnastics opportunities in BC.
Method of Appointment Hired by the CEO.
Power of Decision The Recreation Program Coordinator has sufficient authority to take measures that are necessary to carry out his/her duties in accordance with the job description.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
Responsible for the overall development, coordination, supervision and promotion of recreational and emerging gymnastics programming and physical literacy in BC.
Technical Committee and Program Coordination
• Provide leadership and guidance for the recreation program’s various volunteer committees, partners and service providers.
• Foster close relationships with the GFA Committee and associated community stakeholders.
• Coordinate the efforts of the GFA Committee to develop and execute GFA operational plans that achieve the association’s strategic priorities.
• Coordinate all Gymnastics Canada (GymCan) program initiatives related to GymBC GFA programs, as a member of the GymCan GFA Council.
• Help to plan and implement the annual calendar of technical committee events.
• Maintain and update the GymBC’s GFA Operations Manual and other documents annually.
• Contribute to harmonize the calendar across all disciplines.
• Lead the development of innovative and emerging GFA programs, projects, resources, events, and professional development opportunities to support member clubs.
• Liaise with multiple stakeholders at various levels, including schools, community centres, other sport and recreation organizations, and the public.
• Develop and maintain an annual work plan.
• Maintain an orderly filing system and workstation, with an up-to-date copy of files on shared server.
• Prepare a quarterly report for the GymBC Board of Directors.
• Prepare an annual report for the GymBC Annual General Meeting.
Communication and Public Relations
• Publish information, review and regularly update the GFA section of the GymBC’s Website.
• Contribute relevant information to the Registration Handbook and other GymBC publications.
• Actively promote the expansion of the existing and emerging programs within BC
• Develop & implement Canadian Gymnastics Week initiatives in BC.
• Provide excellent member service.
• Organize the annual GFA technical retreat and GFA Assembly.
• Organize and execute the annual GymBC Recreational Conference.
• Work with host clubs to co-host and support the organization of the annual BC Gymnaestrada.
Special Events (may vary depending on the year)
• Contribute or assist with various projects.
• Any other tasks required by the position.
• Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience using the Activity Messenger mailing platform is an asset.
• Must have a keen attention to detail.
• Must be very organized with exceptional time-management skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be competent using MS Office applications.
• Knowledge of BC’s amateur sport system is an asset.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
• A valid British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license is preferred.
• A current Criminal Record Check will be required.
• Occasional travel and non-regular working hours will be necessary.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter* in either MS Word or PDF format to:
firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that this is a fixed-term contract (October 2022 – November 30, 2023) and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please ensure that your cover letter and resume clearly outline how your skills and experience meet or exceed the job requirements.
Application Deadline: Job posting will be live until a successful candidate is found for the role.