Reporting to the Recreation Director and the Executive Director, the Bulkley Valley Gymnastics Association (BVGA) is seeking a dynamic individual who possesses the enthusiasm and experience to work as a contributing member of our energetic team.
Recreation Activities Program Coordinators (RAP Coordinators) are to implement programs in a way that ensures the participants’ goals are safely met within the guidelines of our organization. Our summer training and recreational programs should be safe, fun and offer fundamentals skills training while providing a high-quality fitness opportunity to the participants. RAP Coordinators need to determine participants’ needs and limitations, and be prepared with adaptations that allow all participants to be successful.
- Plan, organize, implement recreational classes and specialty programs.
- Establish and maintain a fun, positive work environment; display an energetic demeanour when delivering programs and interacting with participants, parents/caregivers, staff/volunteers.
- Interact directly with participants in a positive manner while guiding and redirecting situations when conflicts arise.
- Follow the program guidelines and recommendations provided by the Executive Director, Recreational Director and Head Coach of the BVGA.
- Coordinate facility and program set-up and post-program clean-up/take down for all sessions. Ensure facility and equipment is clean, safe, neat and orderly.
- Work directly with program Coaches in Training (CITs); provide positive feedback & direction; act as a positive role model and assist CITs with skill and professional development.
- Share a passion for learning. Attend staff training, orientation and weekly meetings.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems, emergencies and parent/caregiver concerns/inquiries as outlined BVGA policies and procedures.
- Assists with the integration and support of participants with special needs.
- Demonstrate exemplary leaderships skills and willingness to contribute to the success of the BVGA team and its programs
- Maintain confidentiality of all program, staff and participant information
- Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and be appropriately prepared and attired for all activities.
- Contribute flexibly as a team member to achieve goals, specifically to ensure Recreational Programs are memorable experiences for all program participants.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn, research and develop new skills (client services, teamwork, communication, digital skills, leadership and coaching skills).
- Ability to adapt quickly to varying assignments and to a changing environment.
- Other related duties as required.
- Age Requirements: 15 to 29 years.*(Funding is provided by Canada Summer Jobs program).
- Access to reliable transportation to and from the worksite.
- Access to email and the internet.
- Ability to research new program ideas using online resources.
- Physical ability to perform the tasks of the job.
- Experience working with parents and other stakeholders.
- Post secondary education in recreation or related field, or related technical training would be an asset.
- Gymnastics Coaching certification would be an asset.**
- Standard First Aid certification would be an asset.**
- Clear criminal record check.
- Ability to work with volunteers and other program staff.
35 hours a week, weekday afternoons and weekends