Cariboo Chilcotin Gymnastics Association are seeking a FUN, dynamic, and high energy coach to join our Gymnastics team. We are looking for a part time coach for our recreation programs. This is an opportunity to develop your coaching skills whilst remaining active and watching children develop and grow in confidence. We offer competitive wages and an inclusive staff culture.
This position will report directly to the Head Coach.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the safety and security of the children.
- Be energetic and actively foster a positive atmosphere.
- Deal effectively with challenging situations.
- Actively engage children in developmentally appropriate activities.
- Maintain good communication with staff, parents, and participants.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Setting up and taking down circuits and needed gym equipment.
- Creating lesson plans and completing report cards.
- Occasional light cleaning.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within gymnastics.
- Work collaboratively with other coaches and coaches in training.
- Attend any coach meetings.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Grade XII education.
- Level 1 NCCP Certified (preferred).
- Current First Aid Certification and CPR.
- Respect in Sport completed.
- Up to date Criminal Record Check.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and committed to coach the whole season.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must enjoy working with kids.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter no later than 4:00 pm, Friday, January 20, 2023, to the attention of Annie Glanville, Head Coach, Cariboo Chilcotin Gymnastics Association, PO Box 4557, Williams Lake, BC, V2G 2V6, or email email@example.com
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you.