We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registrar to join our team. Nanaimo Gymnastics School (NGS) is seeking a dynamic, committed, and skilled individual to work alongside our experienced and dedicated coaches, management team, and Board of Directors. Committed to fostering amateur gymnastics, sportsmanship, and good citizenship, NGS is a fully equipped gymnastics facility that has been delivering quality gymnastics instruction for over 40 years in the central Vancouver Island area. NGS offers a variety of programs, including a successful Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) program, preschool, and recreational classes, and private birthday parties.
This position requires a unique combination of strong leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills. The applicant must be comfortable, calm, and efficient in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a keen ability to prioritize and independently complete tasks is essential.
If you are driven and enjoy working with children and youth, we encourage you to apply.
● Answer phones and greet all customers in a courteous and professional manner
● Respond to customer questions and concerns in a timely, consistent manner via in-person office visits, phone calls, and digital platforms
● Oversee and manage registration systems for all NGS programs
● File and maintain NGS office records, ensuring confidentiality
● Manage all passwords, security codes, and keys
● Track payments and ensure reconciliation of all NGS member accounts in a timely fashion (including invoices)
● Complete weekly bank deposits
● Liaise with building owners, and maintenance contractors as required
● Monitor gym and office supplies and order supplies as necessary
● Ensure the front desk, reception, and public areas are maintained and cleaned daily
● File the Society Annual Report via Societies online (Government of BC)
● Previous customer service experience
● Experience with a computer registration system (preferably Uplifter)
● Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Exhibits strong attention to detail, organization, and initiative
● Willingness to learn
This 35-hour-per-week position (Tuesday – Saturday) requires a flexible work schedule: July and August (Monday-Friday)
Salary: $18 – $20 hour/based on experience; plus benefits after 3 month probationary period