VANCOUVER PHOENIX GYMNASTICS
Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Competitive Program Coach
Located in the heart of the city, Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics is one of Canada’s largest and most successful clubs with two operating facilities. Home to the best climate in the country, Vancouver is a world-class internationally-recognized city, perfect for those who love life and the outdoors. Phoenix Gymnastics has a strong recreational program while consistently producing some of Canada’s top gymnasts, many of whom represent the club and province and have become National Team members representing Canada at international competitions.
Phoenix Gymnastics is seeking an energetic MAG Competitive Coach who desires to work in a supportive and positive team environment while fostering growth, knowledge and excellence. Our ideal candidate is a natural leader, who is eager to join the team as a part-time coach for provincial level athletes. The Club’s ongoing support of high level pursuits in gymnastics offers the right candidate a great opportunity for mentorship and ongoing development. Successful candidates may be eligible for full-time employment, if interested in topping up their hours with our Boy’s Developmental and GFA Programs (preschool and school age).
- Actively coach a group of athletes between the ages of 8-12;
- Engages in the holistic and respectful development of both the athlete and the person;
- Plans, develops, implements, and refines training and practice sessions;
- Analyzes athletes performance, identifies strengths and weaknesses, and modifies training programs as needed;
- Follows direction from the MAG Head Coach and other Lead Coaches on technical expectations and direction;
- Attends competitions and training camps as required;
- Attends Club and MAG Program staff meetings & training sessions;
- Mentors and supports in-house coach development opportunities; and
- Assists with other Club duties as needed.
What You Bring:
- Legally eligible to work and live in Canada;
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to hiring being confirmed;
- NCCP MAG Comp Level 1 Certified or higher, or equivalent artistic gymnastics coach training (Trampoline certification is an asset);
- Completion of the “Commit to Kids” course during the first 3 months of employment;
- 3-5 years experience coaching pre-comp, and competitive levels in MAG gymnastics;
- Must meet the certification requirements in Canada and BC, including First Aid (or have a willingness to get it!);
- Clear, empathic, and open communication skills;
- Energetic, active and engaging attitude to create a positive and respectful training environment;
- Motivation and curiosity to stay abreast of international coaching and technical trends; and
- Supportive and engaging personality whose interests are in team environments, culture building and collaborative systems.
Job Type: Part-time (16-20 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive hourly wage
Start Date: ASAP
Please email your resume and cover letter to Elise Thibodeau email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening.