Job Title: MAG Provincial Level and Developmental Coach
Reporting to: Program Director, Technical Director Men’s Program
Positions: 2 Part-Time, 20 hours per week, with opportunity for Full-Time (with benefits)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Date: May 8, 2023
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Provincial Level Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Coach, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provincial Group – Provincial 2 to 4
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of gymnasts
- Nurture and develop gymnasts’ potential skills and abilities
- Motivate and prepare gymnasts for competitive events
- Direct gymnasts during athletic events; Provincial and Western.
- Analyze and evaluate gymnasts’ performances and modify training programs.
- Observe and evaluate gymnasts’ skills and performance, and review their past record
- Participate in planning training schedules, weekly, monthly, yearly for competitive team
- Participate in parent/coach meetings
- Foster healthy minds, healthy bodies, and healthy journeys in pursuit of excellence.
- Developmental – SuperKids
- Assist (time permitting) with the Development of athletes ages 3.5 to 6 years old.
- Follow and adhere to the SuperKids philosophy and training plans.
- Monthly meetings and Strategic planning
- Participate in meetings (monthly or as required) to share group progress and training updates with the coaching team.
- Report SuperKids updates to Program Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- National Coaching Certificate Level 2
- Respect in Sport Certified
- Current and up to date CPR/ First Aid Certification
- 5 years’ experience in Developmental or Provincial level coaching
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Men’s competitive gymnastics
- A good understanding of technical aspects of Men’s gymnastics.
- Experience coaching/taking athletes to Competitions.
Skills and Attributes
- Energetic and actively fostering positive atmosphere
- Approachable and solution oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Willingness to participate in training and learning opportunities
- Willing to learn and live our Purpose, Mission, and Cornerstone’s.
Please send resume to:
Scott Rayment – email@example.com