Langley Gymnastics Foundation (LGF) is looking for a Full-Time Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant to join our team.
LGF is home to over 1800 members in a beautiful 15,000 sq ft modern gym located at the Langley Events Centre in Langley, BC. We are a non-profit organization that offers Recreational, Competitive, Foundations, Seniors Can Move, Camps, and Adult Gymnastics Programs.
LGF is currently looking for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Bookkeeper will oversee the company’s financial data and legal compliance, manage payroll and remittances, as well as assist with grant applications, budget preparation, and other financial-related business activities.
They will be in regular communication with the General Manager and Treasurer of the Board of Directors regarding the Club’s finances.
Terms of Employment
Full-Time (40 hours per week), Monday-Friday.
Hours may vary at the discretion of the General Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process accounts payable and receivable in a timely manner.
- Manage payroll, invoices and tax payments.
- Record day to day financial transactions, post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare year-end financials for Accountant.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for utility, tax and other bills.
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other necessary government documents.
- Create reports and financial statements to assist the management team and present to the Board of Directors.
- Cash handling, scanning, printing, data entry, filing and other administrative duties, as required by the General Manager and Langley Gymnastics Foundation.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Proficient in Quickbooks, ADP, and Microsoft Excel.
- 5+ years proven experience in bookkeeping.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, with proficiency in the English language.
- Experience in non-profit sector an asset.
- Excellent communication with staff, customers, and outside organizations.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Current criminal record check with vulnerable sector required.
$22-$29 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Will be eligible to participate in LGF’s extended health and RSP employee benefits packages.
Resumes can be submitted to Jen, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org