Richmond Gymnastics Association is seeking a Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Coach
Start date: As early as July, 2022 (open to negotiation)
Position title: Lead Coach for Xcel and CCP Developmental program
Name of organization: Richmond Gymnastics Association (RGA)
RGA has been part of the landscape of Richmond, British Columbia since the 1970’s. As an Association, we strive to inspire a foundation of excellence via sport within our community and beyond. We understand our commitment to empower our members and participants to continue living actively and be positively engaged in sport for life- be it at a recreational level or any level of competition. RGA offers diverse gymnastics programs that is inclusive to all at each’s level of engagement and progress- artistic gymnastics (at competitive and recreational levels), special needs programs, High school program and the Xcel program.
For more information on our organization and programs, please visit www.richmondgymnastics.com
Number of vacancies: 1-2 https://www.richmondgymnastics.com/career-opportunities
Terms of Employment: part-time/full time (25-35 hours a week)
Time of work: Flexible upon mutual discussion. Must be available to work on evenings and weekends.
Summary: Lead coach for Xcel and CCP Developmental program
What we offer
- An organization whose staff works towards a common goal with teamwork, respect, inclusivity, and adaptability; and where coaches engage to achieve positive levels of achievement for all participants
- A great team environment, and a supportive team including administrative staff, coaches and leaders
- Competitive rate of pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Access to personal development
What are we looking for
- Passion and enthusiasm for the sport of gymnastics, and physical activity
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills, and a positive attitude
- Dependable, consistent, committed, and enjoys working with children
- Great communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of class and behavior management
- Focus on the Xcel program and the CCP Developmental athletes. You will be part of the coaching team that works with athletes who wish to achieve higher levels in the artistic gymnastics. You will ensure that all opportunities are provided to achieve individual and team goals
- Plan, develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate the long terms training and development of the program; plan competition schedules and engage with other staff to complete all duties related to successful running of the program
- Evaluate existing and prospective athletes’ level of skills and performance; motivate and prepare athletes and team for competitions
- Communicate with lead coaches and parents on athlete progress
- Perform other duties related to coaching
What you provide
- 2 – 3 years experience in coaching a competitive level artistic gymnastics program
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian Competitive Program, Xcel program.
- Strong technical knowledge of artistic gymnastics
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within women’s competitive gymnastics programs
- Experience in class planning, organizing, and working with peers on the floor
- Comp 2 NCCP Artistic Gymnastics certified or higher
- Level 1 NCCP Trampoline Gymnastics trained/certified
- Respect in Sport; making ethical decisions certification
How to Apply
Please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position starts as soon as July 2022.
For any further questions/clarifications, please contact via email or phone.