Job Title: Head Coach
Reports to: Club Manager
North Peace Gymnastics Association is located in the Energetic City of Fort St John in North East BC. NPGA is a not-for-profit organization that has been in operation since 1976. We serve a membership of close to 1000 members and offer recreational, team, parkour, camps, rentals and more to the members of our community and surrounding areas. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, well-organized individual who is passionate about the activity and sport of gymnastics and is ready to work with an exceptional team of dedicated staff.
Working closely with the Club Manager the Head Coach position is responsible for overseeing and coaching within the Team and Recreational programs.
- Combination of Coaching and Administrative duties
- Coach assigned groups (in both the team and recreational programs) providing a fun, diverse and energetic learning environment that offers inclusive, dynamic and adaptable programming
- Working with the Team Lead prepare and plans team practices and prepares for competitions
- Executes day to day responsibilities to create a safe, secure and enjoyable environment
- Ensures the safety of all participants by complying with the safety guidelines set out by Gymnastics BC
- Coach at competitions and meets as needed
- Mentor and support in house coach development
This position requires: the ability to stand, kneel and crouch for extended periods of time; provide sustained and uninterrupted attention to students during class time, hand eye coordination; spotting and lifting athletes of various ages and sizes; must be able to lift 50 lbs and push or pull 75 pounds.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience coaching competitive level gymnastics
- Experience in a leadership/supervisory/management role
- Comp 2 or NCCP Level 3 WAG Certified
- Level 2 Tramp
- Respect in Sport
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- First Aid Certification
- Strong communication and Leadership skills
SALARY: Competitive salary, benefits package
This position can be part time or full time-depending on the candidate
If you are still reading then take a look at the stats on our City’s website. Fort St. John really is a pretty cool place to be!
Please email your resume and cover letter to Chantelle Yates, firstname.lastname@example.org