Job Opportunity: Executive Director
Delta Gymnastics Society (DGS), located in Ladner, BC, is one of Canada’s top gymnastics clubs. We believe that it’s due to the way we treat each of our participants, at every level of their physical literacy development.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading the organization with the strategic delivery of administration, management, and the operations of DGS, ensuring the highest standards of program offerings. DGS enjoys strong positive relations with members, from 18 months – 90 years old, parents, partners, Gymnastics BC, other sport, government, educational organizations and the residents of Delta.
- Provide effective leadership to establish goals that align with our mission, core values and strategic directions.
- Operate within the boundaries of Board policy, Executive Limitations, prudence and ethics.
- Create a strategic plan that meets the overall direction of DGS and is understood and implemented by all program leaders.
- Understand and lead the execution of plans consistent with policies and the Governance Board directions.
- Create an organizational culture consistent with the mission and values of DGS.
- Develop other sources of revenue for DGS.
- Work closely with the Business Manager, Coaches and Program Coordinators, etc.
- Build on DGS’s overall growth and development plan to keep the organization relevant and vibrant.
Financial Planning and Management
- Ensure the overall financial plan is self-sufficient and sustainable.
- Oversee duties of the Business Manager to ensure all financial systems and practices are adhered to.
- Participate as an ex-officio member of the Board and assist with identifying member needs when reviewing policies, financial plans, budgets, and other business activities of interest to the Board.
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board and prepare the Annual General Meeting and report.
Risk Management & Stewardship
- Ensure plans and controls are in place to protect the physical, financial and information assets of DGS, (WorkSafe BC, Gymnastics BC, personal information of members, etc.).
- Develop, maintain and review risk by ensuring appropriate analysis for new ventures and providing leadership and advice in response to critical issues.
- Oversee health & safety practices in the gym for members and the facility.
Human Resources Planning and Management
- Oversee the implementation of human resource policies, procedures and practices including Gymnastics BC requirements, Employment Standards regulations.
- Continue to focus on employment practices which motivate and engage coaches and staff, ensuring consistent feedback is provided to create an atmosphere of trust and respect.
- Promote coaching as a profession and create other career development opportunities to build a strong team for the future.
Member Communication and Community Relations
- Be the spokesperson and ambassador of DGS and its Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Ensure the public, media and community relations are handled according to Board policy.
- Establish regular and transparent communication with members and their families.
- Establish effective working relation and collaborative arrangements with the municipalities and school partners, community groups, funders, politicians and other organizations to help achieve the goals of DGS.
- Coordinate media or social media coverage to promote DGS, and club events.
- Ensure the website is accurate and current
- What You BringYou thrive leading an organization where there is an opportunity to work with a team that believes in the power of sport, wellness and building strong and everlasting relationships. You understand the numbers and the importance of building a sustainable organization positioned for future growth.You are interested in developing a solid employee relations platform, where opinions and voices can be heard and where there are career development opportunities for everyone. You know when to lead and when to follow, you know when to listen and when to speak up or encourage others to do the same. You want to inspire and be inspired by our community.
Education and Experience
7+ years’ previous leadership experience, motivating and developing the skills of a team, in finance, marketing, coaching, training, or administration.
Experience reporting to and working with a Governance Board of Directors.
Post-secondary education or formal training in sales and marketing, business administration, human resources and training, sport management or related program.
Non-profit and fundraising work experience would be considered an asset.
Skills and Competencies
Ability to build strong relationships with individuals within the community, members, staff and government officials.
Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities and organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
Willingness to expand the reach of the operation and build on its legacy with fundraising initiatives.
Submission of Records:
Able to provide a clean criminal record check and vulnerable persons record check.
Able to provide a credit report or other information as may be deemed necessary in connection with the establishment and maintenance of a credit account, or for any other direct business requirements.
Can submit proof of double vaccination for COVID-19.
What We Offer
This is a full time position, where hours will vary depending upon the needs of the gym, the Board of Governance, staff, members and their families. There may be times when attending competitions and events are required. We offer a competitive salary and full range of health benefits and RRSP contribution.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions and an opportunity to test and grow your abilities, we invite you to blend your talent with our incredible team. Please provide a letter of interest stating previous related experience and salary expectations along with your resume to Marion Janssen HR Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 15, 2021.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in this role.