Flip City Gymnastics Club is seeking an Executive Director
About Flip City Gymnastics Club
Flip City Gymnastics has been teaching gymnastics to kids in the Langley area since 1998 when it was opened by Rusty and Sue Pierce. Since that time, thousands of children have enjoyed high quality instruction and improved their balance, strength, fitness and self-confidence. Flip City Gymnastics Club was created in June 2007 with a parent group, driven to expand the competitive program, while also helping to promote community involvement in the sport of gymnastics. Located in Walnut Grove, we continue to provide competitive and non-competitive instruction in Gymnastics and Trampoline.
The club is a “non-profit” organization with the ultimate goal of helping each child reach their full potential both in sport and in life. Our annual operations sees over 1 million in revenue each year and a current staff of 35 part and full time employees.
Flip City Gymnastics Club is seeking an individual to take us to the next level. Our rapid increase in membership and staffing will require someone to come and help us strategically plan for the future. Also, increasing our capacity to draw revenue from all different sources. We are looking for a team player to guide and lead us to new heights with a well established team.
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Salary: TBD Competitive wage and full benefits
Week: roughly 37.5 hours per week
Primary Objective: This position reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors and is the key management leader of Flip City Gymnastics Club. The Executive Director position is responsible for the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the Club. This role is accountable for working within the club’s vision, mission, policies, procedures, and goals set forth by Flip City Gymnastics Club.
Job Description and General Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Work with the Board of Directors on strategic planning to ensure that the Club can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Club, to include the submission and maintenance of an annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization to maintain a positive financial position.
- Authorize expenditures within the approved budget, under $1,000. All expenditures over this threshold require approval from two Executives on the Board of Directors.
- Identify and pursue all appropriate revenue sources, government grants and sponsorship opportunities, and working closely with the Board of Directors in submitting applications for these opportunities.
- Supervise the Office Manager and Bookkeeper in preparing and assessing financial reports on a regular basis and determine short term financial needs.
- Manage A/P and A/R in conjunction with the Bookkeeper and Office Manager
- Organization Mission and Strategy
- Responsible for implementation of Flip City’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Flip City can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the administration of the Club operations and facility management on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of all internal matters pertaining to the organization and its operations.
- Responsible for signing all agreements on behalf of the organization.
- Ensure all bylaws, policies, and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Responsible for compliance CRA and BC Gaming included.
- Insurance management, IT and Safety and Risk Management, to include leading the Joint Health & Safety Committee and adhering to WorkSafe BC requirements.
- Communicate with the Board of Directors on any safety concerns or issues as they arise.
- Attend all board meetings, staff meetings and other committee meetings.
- Work with Program Coordinators and Head Coaches as needed on the creation and updating of Program Manuals.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Board of Directors member in creating and maintaining a Club volunteer database, including assistance in reconciling hours to ensure members are following current agreements.
- Manage human resources, including staff training, development, appropriate performance reviews and contracts as well as certifications and terminations.
- Hire and retain competent, qualified staff, and handle all staff disciplinary measures and conflict management with the support of the Board of Directors as needed.
- Manage payroll, timesheets, and benefits administration.
- Enhance the Club’s image by being active with social media posts and visible in the community by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations, including the Langley Chamber of Commerce.
- Representing the Club in meetings or relations with Gymnastics BC and Gymnastics Canada.
- Work closely with the Events Board of Directors member in running a Club Invitational, external competitions such as BC Championships, and other competitive events the Club hosts.
Education and/or Experience:
- Post secondary education and BA or degree or higher in any related field
- Non-profit experience in sport or charitable sector and the ability to apply Society Act requirements to the role.
- At least a min. of 5 years in a leadership or managerial role preferred
- Sport experience in any organizational sport, coaching an asset
- Proficient with MS Office/Microsoft 365/Google docs/sheets/forms and standard office equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing priorities.
- A valid BC Driver’s License and access to a safe, reliable vehicle.
- Clear Criminal Record Check for Working with Vulnerable Children required.
- Respect in Sport for Leaders required.
Proven leader, with the ability to lead and motivate a staff team. Have a passion to enhance and develop an organization with limited resources.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, then please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Cover letter must have salary range or expeditions to be considered. No phone calls please.
Position will be posted till filled.
Only those candidates selected to move on will be contacted.