Okanagan Gymnastics Centre is expanding our WAG coaching team! The right coach would be at least Comp 1 trained and willing to upgrade. They would work together with the WAG Program Head Coach in all aspects of the WAG program, but their focus would be on our Developmental Program Athletes in Levels 1, 2, and 3. We are offering up to 20 hours in the WAG program, with the opportunity of full time hours with coaching in other programs. Dance and choreography skills will be considered a huge asset, as well as judging and experience developing young athletes.
The position is immediately available for the right applicant. If you think this could be you, we would love to hear from you!
About Okanagan Gymnastics Centre:
The Okanagan Gymnastics Centre is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides the community with a full range of recreational and competitive gymnastics programs for participants 18 months to adult. OGC is located in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia and has one of the largest facilities in the province, including an 11,000 square foot gym. OGC has been serving the community for over 40 years.
- National Coaching Certificate Program Competition 1 Trained.
- Current and up to date CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Respect in Sport Certified and completion of Making Ethical Decisions.
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Preference will be given to an applicant 3 years or more of experience in CCP 1-5
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures, technical knowledge and the USAG Development Program
- Proven ability to develop gymnasts 5-10 years of age through developmental stages
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events
- Participate in coaching clinic instruction and coach mentoring
- Analyze and evaluate athletes
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes’ skills and performance.
- Provide input into athlete development plans and knowledge of athlete goals
- Energetic and actively fostering a positive atmosphere and training environment
- Participate in hosted competitions, special events, team events and other OGC supported activities
- Be willing to travel overnight to competitions
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
To apply to be part of our WAG coaching team, please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to Chris Sheremeta, Technical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we thank all those who apply for the position, only those considered further in the recruitment process will be contacted. For more information about OGC, please visit our website at: www.okanagangymnastics.com