Fraser Valley Gymnastix (FVG) is located in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. FVG is a growing gym with a Gymstars/Xcel Program (formerly the Interclub team called “Gymstars”) and a competitive WAG program.
We are currently seeking an individual for the position of Competitive Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) Head Coach to grow the WAG program at FVG.
|Start Date:||September 2021
Wages range from $17 – $25/hour depending on qualifications and experience.
|Wages:||FVG Offers competitive wages, based on experience and qualifications.|
|Workload:||Combination of Coaching and Administrative duties.
· Manage and grow the WAG Program in the Fraser Valley Gymnastix location.
· Be willing to work full time, coach in a supportive and positive WAG Team setting with Xcel, develomental level athletes.
· Assist in guiding our developmental programs as time allows.
· Develop and carry out team warm-up and physical preparation plans.
· Coach and train for competitions.
|Hours:||Full Time OR Part Time
Hours of coaching will be during the day into the afternoon and evenings and possibly on weekends. Two days off work per week will be provided in the schedule.
|Location:||#123-44981 Commercial Court, Chilliwack, BC V2R 0A7|
· Responsible for managing the WAG Program.
· Nurture and develop all athletes’ potential skills and abilities.
· Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
· Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed.
· Attend competitions, training camps.
· Mentor and support in-house coach development.
· Plan, develop and implement daily training sessions.
· Communicate with parents on an as needed basis in a timely and professional manner.
· Work collaboratively with other coaches to plan special events.
· Attend any scheduled coaches’ meetings, and technical/planning meetings as required.
· Other duties and tasks as needed.
|Required Qualifications:||· Minimum 5 years’ experience coaching competitive level Women’s gymnastics.
· NCCP Level 3 WAG certified or equivalent education.
· Level 1 tramp
· Respect in Sport
· Police Record Check
|· Be energetic and actively foster a positive atmosphere.
· Be approachable and solution oriented with superior verbal and written communication skills.
|Preferred Qualifications:||· Making Ethical Decisions
· First Aid Certification
· Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search will be required
|Send Resumes and Cover Letters to:||· firstname.lastname@example.org|
|We thank everyone for their interest; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further screening.|