Since 1969, Gymnastics BC has been a provincial leader in promoting, developing, and delivering positive and diverse gymnastics experiences for province-wide participation at all levels.
This year, Gymnastics BC Board of Directors is recruiting for two positions, which will help to shape the future of Gymnastics BC, and gymnastics in our province for years to come.
As a member of the Gymnastics BC Board of Directors, you will contribute to the work of committees that support the operations of the Association, and you will help establish policies that guide the safe and effective delivery of gymnastics programs in BC.
Details of Available Positions
- One Board Chair to be elected at the Annual General Meeting, for a two-year term
- One Director-at-Large to be elected at the Annual General Meeting, for a two-year term
- Nominees must complete and submit an application by October 28, 2020.
- Interested individuals are not required to be a current Gymnastics BC member, however, they must satisfy the eligibility criteria and conditions stated below, and in the nomination form.
- All nominations must be supported by a current Gymnastics BC individual member.
To be eligible to be nominated, elected or appointed to serve as a director of Gymnastics BC, a nominee must:
- Be at least 18-years of age;
- Not be an employee of Gymnastics BC;
- Not have been found by any court, in Canada or elsewhere, to be incapable of managing his or her own affairs;
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt;
- Not have been convicted of a prescribed offence within the prescribed period, for which no pardon has been granted;
- Agree to fulfill the requirements and responsibilities of their position and abide by the Societies Act, the Society’s Bylaws and all related policies; and
- Have previous Board experience, if seeking nomination as Chair.