The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the entire sports industry. Together, we have navigated these unprecedented times. As we move forward, GymBC will continue to prioritize the health and safety of our members and community.
Please stay up-to-date on all related information by bookmarking this page and visiting regularly for updates.
COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS FOR GYMBC CLUBS in training and competition
April 6, 2022
|TYPES OF RULES
||ADDITIONAL NOTES AND LINKS
|Proof of Vaccine Requirements
||Proof of Vaccine Requirements vary depending on the role and age of the individual:
- Vaccine Cards are required by adult participants (22+) to participate in sport activities. Two doses are required.
- Vaccine Cards are required by spectators (12+) to observe sport activities. Two doses are required.
- Vaccine Cards are required by all individuals leading, supporting or assisting a sport activity, but who are not working as an employee. Two doses are required.
- This means that all parents/guardians in parent assisted programming (e.g., parent and tot), all judges at GymBC events, and all other volunteers of any kind must provide proof of full vaccination (2 doses) to event organizers/club personnel.
As of Friday April 8, 2022: the BC Vaccine Card will not be required by GymBC for any individuals involved in any type of programming courses, or sanctioned activities. Please be advised that some facility operaters may still choose to utilize the BC Vaccine Card at their discretion.
- Vaccine cards are required for all individuals age 12+ attending any gatherings or events of any size that do not include program delivery for youth. This includes judging courses, coaching courses, board meetings, etc.
|Updated BC Gathering and Events Order (Vaccine Card Rules)
||All gymnastics clubs are required to implement Communicable Disease Plans for their operations. Please see the template below.
||BC Workplace Safety Provincial Order
WorkSafeBC’s website including recommendations for the Sport and Recreation Sector
More information about COVID-19 Requirements is available on the Government of BC’s Website and through viaSport’s website.
Return to Sport
GBC’s Return to Sport Plan
outlines requirements and rules clubs must follow in order to resume operations.
A list of resources clubs can use to guide their transition back to operations is provided below:
For additional pandemic-related information, please visit the following websites: