The Okanagan Gymnastics Centre is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides the community with a full range of recreational and competitive gymnastics programs for participants 18 months to adult. OGC is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic TRAMPOLINE GYMNASTICS (TG) COMPETITIVE COACH to join our team. This position is full time, 30-35 hours per week.
We are located in sunny Kelowna BC in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. Outdoor recreation opportunities abound!
Our 12,000 sf facility is fully-equipped including 4 in-ground trampolines, double mini and rod floor tumbling strip.
This is an ideal position for advancing from recreational or developmental level coaching to competitive coaching. Level 2 certification is required, Level 3 preferred.
Job Title: TRAMPOLINE GYMNASTICS (TG) COMPETITIVE COACH
Reports to: Trampoline Head Coach
Job Objective: The Primary responsibility of this position is to develop athletes to their maximum potential and prepare them for success in competition.
- Create effective and productive relationships with athletes and families.
- Adhere to professional coaching standards and principles of Gymnastics Canada’s Long-term Athlete Development Plan.
- Encourage a healthy and positive daily training environment.
- Work closely with Program Head Coach to assist each athlete with achievement of their long-term goals.
- Assist Program Head Coach in efforts to prepare athletes for competitions both mentally and physically. Provide leadership, coaching and supervision to athletes for both local and out of town competitions.
- Serve as mentor to junior coaches and assist them as required or assigned by program head coach.
- Assist program head coach as required.
- Keep up to date class lists, marking athlete attendance.
- Plan and attend internal and external meetings as required.
SPECIAL EVENTS AND FUNDRAISING
- Promote gymnastics and Okanagan Gymnastics Centre in the community.
- Participate in organizing and coordinating Okanagan Gymnastics Centre’s competitions and fundraising events.
- Promote OGC’s fundraising efforts through participation and leadership.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure health and safety for all athletes, coaches, and support staff.
- Conduct routine safety checks of equipment and the facility.
- Monitor athletes for over-training, injuries, or illness and make necessary modifications to training.
- Guarantee the security and care of supplies, property and equipment within the facility.
- Detect, minimize and report any hazardous conditions, practices and behaviours in the workplace to management.
- Ensure professional, regular and effective communication occurs with athletes, families, colleagues and stakeholders of the organization.
- Provide open and honest feedback to stakeholders.
- Inspire others to achieve their full potential.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must have a minimum of NCCP Level 2 Trampoline Training certification, Level 3 preferred.
- Respect in Sport and recent CRC required.
- Current First aid and CPR Certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A professional approach to working relationships.
- Ability to manage change through effective communication.
- Ability to communicate well with all age groups.
- Knowledge and experience in the TG program.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Group benefits included.
Interested? We invite you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org