Delta Gymnastics Society is looking to hire enthusiastic and energized coaches and leaders to join our Summer team. We will be running daily summer camps, birthday parties, drop ins, once a week classes, week long classes, and other programs. Our Senior Program position runs May 3 – August 27, 2021 with the potential for continued employment at Delta Gymnastics.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of gymnastics and camp programs
- Delivery of coaching; supervision of equipment and supplies to be used per program; and liaising with parents on a daily basis.
- Camp Leaders are responsible for the planning of the daily camps, securing supplies needed, booking guest speakers or field trips
- Ensuring the safety of the children in their care, during activities, gymnastics and when taking them to field trips and visits in the community.
Candidates will be required to:
- Available to work 30 hours per week, all 17 weeks within the period of May 3 – August 27, 2021
- Must be able to work weekend days in the summer
- Assist Summer Recreation Coordinator in planning
- Must be versatile and work in any program with any age group as scheduled
- NCCP level 1 and experience coaching gymnastics classes (Active Start or Fundamental)
- High energy, organized, safety-conscious and reliable (while still being fun!)
- Creative, enthusiastic, and engaged leader
- Available to work flexible shifts (morning, afternoon and some weekends)
- Passion for physical literacy, well-being and development of children
- Ability to communicate well with fellow staff, parents, and children
- All completed coaching requirements including First Aid, Criminal Record Check (18 years and older), Respect in Sport and Making Ethical Decisions
- Experience working at previous camps
- Experience with class management & behaviour management skills
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Office experience including some administrative duties, answering phones, etc.
To apply: Send your expression of interest to email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply: May 17, 2021