North Valley Gymnastics Society is located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. NVGS purchased and renovated our current building. We have over 7000 square feet of gym plus office spaces and a viewing area. The recreational program is well established with over 500 members annually. We still have opportunities for the program to grow with the right candidate in place. The club also offers WAG Developmental and Xcel.
Vernon is a medium sized city surrounded by 3 lakes and mountains- swimming, hiking, skiing we’ve got it all. A beautiful spot for the outdoor enthusiast or families and close enough to bigger city centres for all other amenities.
The primary function of a recreational program coordinator is to set up and oversee the smooth running of recreational programs and program coaches. The coordinator will be familiar with all aspects of the NVGS Rainbow program, preschool and drop in programs. Setting camps for the winter, spring and summer are also a requirement of this position. The coordinator will work closely with the head coach and administrative staff to set up programming and ensure effective parent communication.
- NCCP Gymnastics Foundations (GF) Certified
- Competition 1 an asset
- Respect in Sport
- Criminal Record Check
- Making Ethical Decisions
- First Aid
- Continuing education
- Minimum 3 years coaching experience
- Possess the ability to coach all levels of the recreational program
- Ensure coaches have up-to-date class lists/attendance sheets and Rainbow program testing sheets
- Oversee coaching testing and provide Achievement Records and preschool certificates for the program coaches
- Stay up to date with Gymnastics BC courses, webinars, and information
- Take part in “in house” coaches training as well as attend any guest coaching sessions
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude when coaching on the gym floor
- Ensure all coaches are following the gym rules
- Communicate with parents when necessary
- Work as a team with other students and coaches at all times
- Plan lessons for the junior coaches and role model with personal lesson planning
- Be physically fit- able to move and spot effectively and move/adjust equipment
- Required cleaning following COVID 19 protocols
- Engaging and Coaching participants (not visiting with other coaches or watching the class go around in a circuit)
Duties/requirements are not limited to the above. Being a team player and willing to work with all levels of athletes and coaches is a must. Also, this job requires coaches to work Tuesday-Saturday.
Wage to commensurate with experience.