Start date: As soon as possible (can be negotiated)
Position title: Recreational Program Coordinator and/Artistic Gymnastics program Coach
Name of organization: Richmond Gymnastics Association(RGA)
RGA has been part of the landscape of Richmond, BC since the 1970’s. We strive to inspire a foundation of excellence via sport within our community and members to empower them to continue living actively and be positively engaged for life. We provide programs for all- artistic gymnastics (at competitive and recreational levels), special needs programs, High school, Interclub amongst others.
For more information on our organization and programs, please visit www.richmondgymnastics.com
Number of vacancies: 1
Terms of Employment: part-time/full time (25-30 hours a week)
Time of work: Flexible upon mutual discussion. Must be available to work on evenings and weekends.
Lead coordinator – Gymnastics For All program(recreational) at the Association alongwith with coaching duties.
What we offer
- An organisation whose staff works towards a common goal with teamwork, respect, inclusivity, and adaptability; and where coaches engage to achieve positive levels of achievement for all participants
- A great team environment, and a supportive team including administrative staff, coaches and leaders
- Competitive rate of pay commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits
- Access to personal development
- A growing gym, with space and independence to create own programs
What are we looking for
- Passion and enthusiasm for the sport of gymnastics, and physical activity
- Organization skills and a positive attitude
- Dependable, committed, and enjoys working with children
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Good understanding of class and behavior management
- Implement a program that engages participants in developmentally-appropriate physical activity at the recreational level of the sport.
- Develop, plan, lead and implement finalized lessons, and evaluations of programs including all tasks incidental to delivery/management of classes to participants of all abilities in a safe, fun and physically active environment.
- Adjust activities, as necessary, to provide optimal challenge for each participant.
- Supervise and mentor upcoming coaches for performance and growth.
- Oversee the organization and operations of recreational gymnastics programs and coaches
What you provide
- Comp 1 NCCP Artistic Gymnastics certified or higher
- Foundations (Active Start) certified will be a benefit
- Level 1 NCCP Trampoline Gymnastics trained/certified
- Respect in Sport; making ethical decisions certification
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification
- Current criminal record check with vulnerable sector (required every 3 years from date of hire)
- 2 – 3 years experience in coaching a gymnastics program
- Experience in class planning, organizing, coaching, and working with peers on the floor.
How to Apply
Please submit resume with cover letter via email. Thank you in advance for your application.
For any further questions/clarifications, please contact via email or phone.