If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of children through gymnastics, join the Club Aviva Gymnastics Family. We support children, youth and adults of all abilities.
Club Aviva is located at 98 Brigantine Drive in Coquitlam. We have a 16000sqft facility with 2 gyms and have Instructional Gymnastics alongside our Empowering Steps Therapy Program, and our Competitive Artistic and Trampoline Programs.
We need a professionally trained coach with years of experience to supervise all of our Instructional Programs.
This position is full time and requires a minimum fully certified NCCP Level 2 Tramp/Artistic Coach.
- Quick Learner
- Knowledge of Use of Equipment
- Ensuring coaches are adhering to policy
- Trouble shooting
- Ensuring coaches are following safety protocols
- Ensuring coaches are following company policy
- Ensuring coaches are teaching to their fullest potential and engaging kids, teaching according to lesson plans and following rotations
- Assessing coaches for the skills they are teaching
- Ensuring that all coaches are creating an inclusive, safe, fun, educational environment.
- Ensure all attendance is taken for all classes
- Ensure all of the class’s circuits are set up properly and safely and that the right lesson plans are being followed
- Ensure that the warm ups and stretches are age and skill level appropriate
- Assist with circuits where needed
- Ensure that the coaches are using appropriate progressions and spotting techniques
- Ensure that coaches are encouraging and inspiring athletes
- Dealing with emergencies; injuries, unexpected Staff absences
- Set up coaching books
- Recommendations, certificates, memos, etc.
- Liaise with parents, solve problems
- National Coaches Certification Program (NCCP) Gymnastics Foundations Level 2 trained, preferred for both artistic and trampoline disciplines
- First Aid certification
- Making Ethical Decisions certificate
- Respect in Sport
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search required
- Enjoy working with children and youth of all ages
- Good understanding of class management and behaviour management
- Fluent in English
- Position is permanent full time and is available immediately.
- Wage is negotiable pending experience and includes a full group insurance package after 3 months of employment.
- Position is generally Monday – Thursday and Saturday afternoon evenings. However, Monday – Friday days during Spring & Summer Breaks.
Please email your resume with a brief description of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Aviva :)