Balance Gymnastics is looking for competitive and pre-competitive gymnastics coaches for the upcoming September 2021 to June 2022 season, and beyond. Recreational hours may also be available in the same facility through the District of West Vancouver, with the possibility for full time work!!
Positions involve coaching competitive girls between JO 2-6 levels. Hours required are 7+ hours per week and rate of pay is determined by certification and experience (range $20-30 per hour plus 4%). Classes are held at the West Vancouver Community Centre at 2121 Marine Drive.
Coaching Responsibilities include:
- Creating and updating written lesson plans
- Setting goals for your group
- Helping your gymnasts to set goals for themselves
- Keeping club administrators appraised of concerns, questions, and parent feedback etc
- Running informative gymnastics classes based on skill development
- Setting up stations and spotting gymnasts as necessary
- Assisting with and attending annual Holiday party and Year End functions
- Communicating with parents for a few minutes after every class
- May involve attending competitions 3-5 weekends per season
Applicants are required to have a minimum of NCCP Competition Level 1 Women’s Artistic Gymnastics certification, and have current CPR and First Aid certification, or be willing to update. Applicants should also have a minimum of 1 years experience coaching women’s gymnastics, and will need to complete a current Police Criminal Record Check if selected for the position. Respect in Sport certification is also required. Positions may require a 3 month probationary period.
Recreational programs run in the same facility, and recreational coaches are also needed. There is an opportunity to create a full time job between recreational and competitive, with collaborative supervisors who could make a suitable schedule for you. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in this opportunity.
Apply ASAP with your resume via email to Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.